Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My investment results so far

I do not immediately post my buy and sell signals on this blog, since I'm in a competition with other ETF investors on Fool.com, and I don't wish to give away my strategy to them.

My timing method, which I officially started using this summer, has significantly outperformed the market. I cashed out of the S&P 500 on July 13, (S&P 1552) bought back in on July 26 (S&P 1482) using the 2x leveraged ETF SSO, and cashed out again on October 8. (S&P 1552) Today the market is down 7% from the July 13 close, while I'm up 10% thanks to the July 26-October 8 gain in SSO. In total, I've pulled 17% ahead of the S&P 500 in about 4 months.

I am now committed to investing in the stock market's cycles in this manner. I don't see any reason to remain invested in long stock positions during a decline if I can see the correction coming.

No comments: